Route is a Community Interest Company aiming to inspire young people from marginalised backgrounds to pursue a career in the music industry by sharing stories, experiences and practical advice from within its numerous fields.
At Route we want to demystify the pathways to revered job roles, highlight the importance of less glamorous but essential ones and make connections easier in an industry that can be notoriously cliquey by accident and design.
Founded by Jamal Guthrie - a director at programming agency LNZRT and Georgia Hardy - founder of promotions company Spilt Milk and booker at The Old Blue Last and Sebright Arms, we have over a decades worth of experience in the music industry.
In 2021, through its written web content, panel discussions, conference curation, lectures and workshops, Route strives to become a resource for a socially, ethnically and economically diverse audience of young people in Britain.
If you would like to talk about partnership opportunities please get in touch via email@example.com
- Artchitecture Foundation The Current & Future Sound of London: AF100 Day Studio talk
- MMF Backstage & Beyond : A look at how black people and people of colour are represented within the structures and organisations that support their talent.
- BIMM Brighton : 2 x Lectures to Event Management Students
- Westminster University : Bridging Into Work Lecture
- Group Therapy : Co-curators of a month of music industry workshops for the release of Group Therapy vol.2, raising money for Help Musicians UK and Black Lives Matter UK.
- Route x shesaid.so: Pathways Into Music: Exploring alternative routes into the music industry for women.
- Last year we contributed to Youth Music’s ‘Blueprint For The Future’ 2020 report which showcases how current routes for young people to move from education to employment are not fit for purpose and sets out a blueprint for change. In the report, Route was recognised as a platform helping to bring about said change.
- Throughout Jan - Feb 2021 Route provided a free CV advisory service to almost 100 16-25yr olds who are currently unemployed or in full time education.
- Loud and Quiet Magazine : Where we’re at with Black Lives Matter and the music industry
- Loud and Quiet Magazine: Route - leaving the ladder down for the next generation
- Girls Against : A Celebration of Women in Live Music